The goal is to get your resume in front of an employer in record time and our Symplicity database system eases the process.
Viewing summer part-time, or post-graduate positions is as easy as using your student ID to log onto your Symplicity homepage -- a web-based job database system that allows you to:
- Scan new job listings and schedule on-campus interviews.
- Receive daily Career Center alerts and announcements on your home page.
- Upload your resume, cover letters, and unofficial transcripts for submission to employer listings.
- Receive automatic alerts when a posted job fits your search criteria.
- Stay updated on all career development events
Career Center Library
In addition to the Internet as a primary information source, we maintain and constantly update an impressive Resource Library of the latest books, directories, and periodicals that provide information about a wide variety of legal employers and practice areas. The Library also includes a collection of books on general career planning and job search strategies.
The Career Center Manual (PDF) gives an overview of all of the available resources through the Career Center, as well as sample job application documents. We have also developed a number of handouts that serve as resource guides on specific practice areas, job search skills, timelines, and employers.
An online database, searchable by employer and practice areas, allows you to fill out forms about summer, part-time, or full-time (evening students) jobs. This database provides you with an important tool to identify and evaluate employers who hire Brooklyn Law School students on a regular basis.